General Info & FAQs
ALL DEADLINE DATES ARE POSTED ON THE HOME PAGE
The Tournament will adhere to the following procedures for entry:
- Entries will continue to be accepted in each weight class (up until we reach our total limit or our event closure date).
- Our event is now capable of handling weight classes larger than 64 competitors, so all wrestlers entered will get the weight class they choose.
- Note: It is possible (and probable) that on the final day of applications being accepted, (when the tournament will reach its maximum amount of entries), that the tournament will close out. We will do our best to accept all possible entrants. But, when we decide to CLOSE the entry window, then it will be CLOSED.
The Tournament Committee does retain the right to add an additional maximum of 20 wrestlers, at their discretion (and that have otherwise already qualified), up until two weeks prior to the date of the tournament, or at such time that the charts have been started.
VIDEO CHALLENGES: Beginning in 2021, we do plan to offer Video Challenges. Please see the Video Review Policy Link for the rules.
VIDEO REVIEW POLICY
- Reviews are only allowed during the following: All Final Placement Matches and Championship Semi-Final Matches.
***Note: There may be an occasion, outside of the above mentioned matches, where video review is requested. When such requests are made, the Tournament Committee will make a ruling as to whether a video review is necessary.
- Coaches are allowed one (1) video challenge per match.
- Fee for video challenges will be $50.00 received immediately upon challenge and placed on the scorers table.
- Coach must approach the scoring table and wave the yellow flag and match will be halted after significant action has stopped. Once match has been stopped, Coach must place the $50 on the scoring table and ask for a video review.
- If video review results in the call being reversed, the $50 will be returned and the time will be placed back on the match clock and wrestling resumed.
- If video review is not overturned the opponent will receive 1 match point and the $50 will be forfeited.
- Video review will be done by one of 3 Head Officials and the mat official. Video reviews are limited to (2) minutes.
- Coaches must remain in their respective corners during review process.
- Decision rendered by Head Official will be announced by the mat official and accepted by all, as final, and match continued.
- Any Age Challenges must be brought to the attention of one of the Head Officials. The fee for this is $50.
- Once paid, the Head Official who will then notify the Coach/Parent in question. The Coach/Parent must then provide the wrestler’s birth certificate. If the supplied birth certificate confirms a valid birth date, the protest is rejected and the challenger forfeits their $50. If the Challenge proves the wrestler in question does not meet age criteria after a birth certificate examination, the challenger will be refunded their $50 and the wrestler caught with an invalid age will be disqualified from the event.
***Due to the COVID situation, we are suspending all qualification standards. However, please understand that this is a highly competitive event and not recommended for inexperienced wrestlers.***
- $75.00 per wrestler (additional wrestlers from the same family are only $55.00). All competitors in the Girl’s Division are $65 and all Open Division Wrestlers are $55.00. This fee includes a mandatory $5 per wrestler fee, for event insurance and also included all processing fees.
- No Double Bracketing, other than Girls may enter both the Boys and Girls Divisions this year. Once the numbers int eh Girls Division increases, and we go back to Age Divisions/Weight Classes, then this will no longer be an option.
Note: Partial refunds are possible if the tournament is notified prior to two weeks before the event date. See refund policy below.
Registration fee includes:
- Entry fee
- Event Insurance
- Free spectator admission
- All wrestlers guaranteed 2 matches -- all mats in the same facility. All competition will be held at the Highlands
- Sports Complex - Triadelphia, WV. Beginning in 2012, the tournament will utilize additional mats to allow wrestlers who lost their first two matches to receive a third match. currently, we are unsure whether we will be able to run mats for those that go two and out).
- Beginning in 2011, no AAU cards will be required. Instead, the Tournament will use an Independent policy. This will require a $5 additional fee per entrant (which will be added onto the invoice).
- ***Beginning in 2011, we are not requiring birth certificates, in order to enter. However, all participants should bring a copy with them to the event site, in case someone challenges their date of birth. In order to do this, there will be a $50 fee charge to the challenger. If the wrestler cannot verify his date of birth, he will be removed the the tournament and NO refunds will be given.
- Awards: top 8 place finishers in each weight division will receive awards (top 6 in Open Division and top 4 in Girl’s Divisions).
- Rules: High school rules, with slight modifications as determined by the tournament committee, will be used.
- Beginning in 2022, we hope to be able to e-mail everyone’s weigh-in card out, once registration has closed. If unable to, then wrestlers will be able to pick their weigh-in card up at the site.
- Event programs, souvenir pins and weight charts will also be available for purchase at the site.
- Weight classes will wrestle on a cluster of adjoining mats throughout the tournament. We will use high school style brackets and bout number system will be used. Bout number will appear on the matside scoreboards, allowing wrestlers, coaches, parents and spectators to monitor the progress of a wrestler's weight class.
- Only wrestlers will be allowed in the wrestling area. We ask that Coaches please stay on the opposite side of the mats from the scoring tables.
- You may change weight online, for FREE, prior to the registration/weight change deadline (the Wednesday before the vent at 11:59 pm EST). Changes done at the site will be assessed a $50 fee (Fee will be $25 for Open Division and the Girl’s Division will be Madison weights, so no fees would be assessed). ***Note: Beginning in 2004, all wrestlers will weigh-in in wrestling uniform (singlet or t-shirt/shorts; shoes and headgear are optional). No weight allowance will be given.
- Elite and Cadet wrestlers do not have to qualify in order to participate in the Tournament of Champions. However, they must still pre-register.
- There will be a skin check of all contestants at weigh-in. Bring current doctor's note if necessary. However, the tournament medical staff will have the final say in these matters. No refunds!!! A medical doctor will be present at 5:00 PM. to examine all wrestlers who do not pass an initial skin check. NOTE: A Dermatologist will be present to remove Molesccum lesions from wrestlers who are flagged at weigh-ins for this. In the past, this fee has been $25 and is offered provided they are at a place they can be removed and that there are not an overabundance of them.
PAYMENT, LATE ENTRIES, WEIGHT CHANGES & WEIGH-IN CARD
- You may pay by money order or cashier's check up until three weeks before the event date (April 2 in 2022). After that, unless previous arrangements have been made, only on-line payments will be accepted.
- Late Entries: There may be an additional $10-$40 fee charged (to the first family entry only), for all entries that register during the late, or extended, deadline. NO entries will be taken at the event itself.
- There will be NO charge for weight changes, if done prior to the Late/Extended Registration deadline. After
- All weight changes will be able to be done on the Flo Wrestling Registration site.
All remaining weight changes will be done at the Tournament site, as brackets will be unavailable until then. Fee to change weight at the site will be: $50 ($25 for the Open and there is no charge for the Girl's Divisions, as they are being run Madison style.)
- Up to 21 days prior to event date: A fee of $20 + 4% processing fee, per entry will be accessed
- 8-14 days prior to event date: A fee of $30 + 4% processing fee, per entry will be accessed
7 or less days prior to event date: No Refunds Will Be Given
On $75 entries = $3 On $65 entries = $2.60 On $55 entries = $2.20
Note: Tournament must be contacted, via e-mail, by the appropriate date in order for a refund to be issued. ***Names may continue to appear, as accepted, until event closes out and any refunds will not be issued until the close out date has passed.
***If the Tournament is shut down, due to the COVID-19 situation, a FULL REFUND will be given to all Individual and Dual Meet Team registrants. An e-mail will be sent to all regarding the refunds. Last year, we were able to process full refunds to all the day after we cancelled. Please note that, once processed, it may take 7-10 days for your refund to appear on your statement. If you pay via check, it may take us a bit more time to process and get a check out to you.
REFUND POLICY FOR DUAL MEET FREE AGENT WRESTLERS
* If not picked up by a Team, then you will receive your Registration Fee back, less the $2 processing fee.
We will have trainers present to do a skin check of all competitors. If they determine that there may be a skin problem, then the Head Trainer will look at it. If the Head Trainer can not determine what it might be, then the wrestler will need to return, from 5-8 pm, for the Tournament Doctor to look at the skin problem. The Tournament Doctor has the final say in all such matters. On Saturday, the Head Trainer will have the final say in such cases.
***We do plan on having a Dermatologist present at the event. If a wrestler has Mollescum, the Doctor will shave the lesions off at the site, for a modest fee (this has been $25 in the past). This will then allow the wrestler to participate in the event. However, if it is determined that there are too many lesions, of the location of them is not such that they can be removed, without risk, then the wrestle will not be able to participate and there would be no refund given.
2018 Note from our Dermatologist, regarding the Mollescum Contagiousum issue:
Parents, coaches and participants,
Beginning in 2018 Ohio TOC, skin checks will be performed and guidelines consistent with those established by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) sports medicine advisory committee will be followed. This includes potential disqualification of registrants who are deemed by on site dermatologist as having a contagious skin problem. This includes but is not limited to bacterial infections, fungal infections (commonly referred to as ringworm), parasitic infections such as lice or scabies, conjunctivitis (pink eye) and viral infections such as herpes simplex and molluscum contagiosum.
Molluscum contagiosum has been a significant cause of disqualification in prior years because of its frequency in the younger aged wrestlers and its highly contagious nature from skin to skin contact. They present as small shiny flesh colored to pink bumps on the skin. NFHS rules permit wrestling immediately after curettage (scraping off) of these lesions once bleeding is stopped from the procedure. This service was provided by on site dermatologists last year to avoid disqualification for a cash fee of $25. This is again being offered to wrestlers this year at the doctors discretion. OF NOTE, if a registered wrestler has greater than 8 molluscum or facial molluscum lesions, he/she will not be treated and subject to skin check disqualification.
Thank you for your understanding,
Dr. Jess DeMaria
In addition, the National Federation of State High School Associations, has issued a Medical Form, which needs to be filled out, by all competitors that have any form of communicable skin disease. You can find this form here: http://www.nfhs.org/media/882323/wr_skin_lesion_form-clean.pdf
If you have any medical issues you need to check ahead of time on, please contact our Head Trainer: Jason Eaches at firstname.lastname@example.org