General Info & FAQs
ALL DEADLINE DATES ARE POSTED ON THE HOME PAGE
The Tournament will adhere to the following procedures for entry:
- Entries will continue to be accepted in each weight class (up until we reach our total limit or our event closure date).
- Our event is now capable of handling weight classes larger than 64 competitors, so all wrestlers entered will get the weight class they choose.
- Note: It is possible (and probable) that on the final day of applications being accepted, (when the tournament will reach its maximum amount of entries), that the tournament will close out. We will do our best to accept all possible entrants. But, when we decide to CLOSE the entry window, then it will be CLOSED.
The Tournament Committee does retain the right to add an additional maximum of 20 wrestlers, at their discretion (and that have otherwise already qualified), up until two weeks prior to the date of the tournament, or at such time that the charts have been started.
VIDEO CHALLENGES: Beginning in 2021, we do plan to offer Video Challenges. Please see the Video Review Policy Link for the rules.
VIDEO REVIEW POLICY
- Reviews are only allowed during the following: All Final Placement Matches and Championship Semi-Final Matches.
***Note: There may be an occasion, outside of the above mentioned matches, where video review is requested. When such requests are made, the Tournament Committee will make a ruling as to whether a video review is necessary.
- Coaches are allowed one (1) video challenge per match.
- Fee for video challenges will be $50.00 received immediately upon challenge and placed on the scorers table.
- Coach must approach the scoring table and wave the yellow flag and match will be halted after significant action has stopped. Once match has been stopped, Coach must place the $50 on the scoring table and ask for a video review.
- If video review results in the call being reversed, the $50 will be returned and the time will be placed back on the match clock and wrestling resumed.
- If video review is not overturned the opponent will receive 1 match point and the $50 will be forfeited.
- Video review will be done by one of 3 Head Officials and the mat official. Video reviews are limited to (5) minutes.
- Coaches must remain in their respective corners during review process.
- Decision rendered by Head Official will be announced by the mat official and accepted by all, as final, and match continued.
- Any Age Challenges must be brought to the attention of one of the Head Officials. The fee for this is $50.
- Once paid, the Head Official who will then notify the Coach/Parent in question. The Coach/Parent must then provide the wrestler’s birth certificate. If the supplied birth certificate confirms a valid birth date, the protest is rejected and the challenger forfeits their $50. If the Challenge proves the wrestler in question does not meet age criteria after a birth certificate examination, the challenger will be refunded their $50 and the wrestler caught with an invalid age will be disqualified from the event.
- There may be a rare occasion that a video review may end up taking place after a match has finished and away from the mat the match took place on. These reviews must be approved by at least two of the Head Officials, as well as the Tournament Director. Their decision will be final in these instances.
***Due to the COVID situation, we are suspending all qualification standards. However, please understand that this is a highly competitive event and not recommended for inexperienced wrestlers.***
- ClickHere: https://www.ohiotofc.com/pages/how-to-register-pricing
Beginning in 2022, the tournament will utilize additional mats to allow wrestlers who lost their first two matches to receive additional matches. These matches generally begin around 10-11 am and run until about 7 pm.
Friday, April 26 4:00-8:00 pm - Weigh Ins (Individual Tournament) - Highlands Sports Complex
Saturday, April 27 8:00 AM-10:00 PM - Individual Ohio TofC Tournament (see below)
Saturday, April 27 3:00-6:00 PM - Dual Meet Wrestlers Weigh Ins* - Highlands Sports Complex (Dual Meet Only wrestlers MAY weigh in on Friday night, for a $25 fee)
*Note: If a wrestler competes in both the Individual and Dual Meet Events, his weigh in on Friday night will count for the Duals as well.
Sunday, April 28 8:00 AM-5:00 PM - Team Duals
Approximate time schedule for the Individual Age Groups on Saturday (an actual time schedule will be published after entries have closed). Age groups/weight classes will be assigned a certain Session and start time within the times below. Generally, any weight class completes their wrestling within a three hour, or less, time period.
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM - Bantam, Midget, Junior, Elite, Open, Veteran's and Girls
3:00 PM - 9:30 PM - Schoolboy & Cadet
- Weight classes will wrestle on a cluster of adjoining mats throughout the tournament. We will use high school style brackets and bout number system will be used. Bout number will appear on the matside scoreboards, allowing wrestlers, coaches, parents and spectators to monitor the progress of a wrestler's weight class.
- Only wrestlers will be allowed in the wrestling area. We ask that Coaches please stay on the opposite side of the mats from the scoring tables.
- You may change weight online, for FREE, prior to the registration/weight change deadline (the Wednesday before the vent at 11:59 pm EST). Changes done at the site will be assessed a $50 fee (Fee will be $25 for Open Division and the Girl’s Division will be Madison weights, so no fees would be assessed). ***Note: Beginning in 2004, all wrestlers will weigh-in in wrestling uniform (singlet or t-shirt/shorts; shoes and headgear are optional). No weight allowance will be given.
- For 2023, wrestlers do not have to qualify in order to participate in the Tournament of Champions. However, they must still pre-register.
- There will be a skin check of all contestants at weigh-in. Bring current doctor's note if necessary. However, the tournament medical staff will have the final say in these matters. No refunds!!! A medical doctor will be present at 5:00 PM. to examine all wrestlers who do not pass an initial skin check. The Doctor on site has the final call on all medical issues.
PAYMENT, LATE ENTRIES, WEIGHT CHANGES & WEIGH-IN CARD
- You may pay by money order or cashier's check up until three weeks before the event date (April 6 in 2024). After that, unless previous arrangements have been made, only on-line payments will be accepted.
- Late Entries: There may be an additional $10-$40 fee charged (to the first family entry only), for all entries that register during the late, or extended, deadline. NO entries will be taken at the event itself.
- There will be NO charge for weight changes, if done prior to the Late/Extended Registration deadline. After
- All weight changes will be able to be done on the Flo Wrestling Registration site.
- Up to 21 days prior to event date: A fee of $21 per entry will be accessed
- 8-14 days prior to event date: A fee of $31 per entry will be accessed
- 7 or less days prior to event date: No Refunds Will Be Given
Note: Tournament must be contacted, via e-mail, by the appropriate date in order for a refund to be issued. ***Names may continue to appear, as accepted, until event closes out and any refunds will not be issued until the close out date has passed.
***If the Tournament is shut down, due to the COVID-19 situation, a FULL REFUND will be given to all Individual and Dual Meet Team registrants. An e-mail will be sent to all regarding the refunds. Last year, we were able to process full refunds to all the day after we cancelled. Please note that, once processed, it may take 7-10 days for your refund to appear on your statement. If you pay via check, it may take us a bit more time to process and get a check out to you.
REFUND POLICY FOR DUAL MEET FREE AGENT WRESTLERS
* If not picked up by a Team, then you will receive your Registration Fee back, less the $1 processing fee.
Note for 2023:
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
We will have trainers present to do a skin check of all competitors. If they determine that there may be a skin problem, then the Head Trainer will look at it. If the Head Trainer can not determine what it might be, then the wrestler will need to return, from 5-8 pm, for the Tournament Doctor to look at the skin problem. The Tournament Doctor has the final say in all such matters. We are hopeful to have the Doctor again on Saturday evening as well, but do not know the time schedule for that yet.
***We do plan on having a Dermatologist present at the event.